Six years ago today, my dad passed away suddenly, of a pulminary embollism. I miss him so much. It's hard for me to know that Allie and McCain won't grow up with their "Papa", but I know that he is watching them and smiling down from heaven. I just wanted to share a few things that I loved about my daddy.
1. He loved his girls unconditionally- he would do ANYTHING for us!
2. He was so silly- he was always making me laugh, whether it was making silly faces or telling jokes.
3. He would always fill up my car with gas when I came home from college. That always meant so much.
4. He always knew my mood and when I needed a listening ear.
5. He always loved Tommy so much and he had no doubt that his daughter was in good hands.
6. He was very emotional and sensitive- now you all know where I get it from. :)
7. He told me he loved me often. In fact, the week before he died, he grabbed my cheeks, looked me in the eye and said "Do you know how much I love you?" I will never forget it.
8. He had just said, right before he died, that he knew he was only in his 50's, but that he felt content with his life and that he had everything he had ever wanted.
I miss you Daddy! I am so appreciative for the way that you and my mom raised me. Thank you for loving me the way that you did. I have no doubt that you are our guardian angel. -Katherine
15 years ago



5 comments:
It has always been so obvious to me what kind of a man your Dad was. Because I know what kind of a woman he raised. Those were such sweet memories - thank you for sharing. I know your Dad is so proud of your family! You and your family are in my prayers this weekend - I know anniversaries like this are so hard.
Katherine, that was the sweetest post. It just made me cry! I know your dad is looking down on you and your beautiful family and smiling with pride and joy!
I miss him alot too. I did not realize it was this weekend. Thinking of you and Liz today. Post was very sweet, brought back fond memories!
Super sweet! I'll never forget your daddy either! I remember our beach trip to Kiawah Island so many years ago! He was the first person to ever teach me to drive...and we were only in the fifth grade!!! He was a wonderful man, and I know he's smiling down on you!
Short and simple...I love you and your sweet words about your daddy...he is so proud of the beautiful daughter you are to him.
Post a Comment