Our children have been so excited to start school. The day finally arrived and Allie's first words this morning were "The day has just begun." She was so excited. I am so happy that she gets to go to school with me. I can tell it is going to be a change than what I am used to though. I noticed today that it was a little more difficult to wrap up the day and prepare for the next with Allie in my room after dismissal but it is totally worth it! Her teachers, Miss Anderson and Mrs. Best, are great. I know she is in good hands. McCain has the same teacher Allie had in 3K and we love her too. Here are a few pics from the first day. I could not get Allie to smile and she looks scared to death but she didn't even cry. She was so brave and did not shed a tear. It is just amazing that five wonderful years have passed and she is in "big school." Everyone tells me that once children enter big school it really flies but I just want time to stand still. Our children are so much fun right now. They both had great first days. At first, I could not get them to tell me much but I try saying "tell me three things about your day" and that usually gets them talking. Allie said she liked going to the playground, she liked sliding and she liked to color. McCain said that he played with Jake and ate his dino sandwiches. This school year is off to a great start!
15 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment